Can I pick up my reservation in locations other than your offices?
We do offer such a service; however, it needs to be agreed upon 48 hours before vehicle pick up, and it is charged per our additional services price list.
Which credit cards do you accept?
We accept all credit card: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Maestro, Diners Club, JCB, and UnionPay.
Note: we do not accept prepaid or electron cards, travel cards, nor Visa Electron or Maestro (minor exceptions, please ask)
When do I pay for the rental services?
You pay for the rental services upon your vehicle pick up, with a preautorization in your credit card to cover the excess (the credit card is only authorized).
What is authorization – deposit?
Authorization or deposit is a temporary reservation of funds that guarantees payment of rental services and possible added expenses. The height of the deposit depends on the vehicle category, rental period, and insurance packages.
Can I leave a cash deposit?
No, sadly this is not possible.
What additional costs can occur during the rental period that are not covered by Alquicoche or additional insurance?
- Loss or theft of luggage and or personal items from the vehicle
- Parking tickets or fines, traffic violations and such
- Costs due to refuelling with the wrong fuel type
- Expenses for lost, stolen or damaged car keys
- Expenses for lost, stolen or damaged car documents
- Expenses due to negligence – empty battery
- Expenses due to damage to the car’s interior
- Costs of lost equipment (spare tire, tire repair kit, bunker shelves, document etui, driver’s manual)
- Expenses due to damage to additional equipment
- Expenses due to car misuse
- Expenses due to ignoring instruction for car maintenance stated in the cars service book
- Expenses to the vehicle under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Costs of car extraction from inaccessible areas (e.g. extraction from mud due to traveling outside regular road infrastructure)
- Expenses incurred by using dirt roads
- Expenses incurred by car racing or cars participation in sport events
- Expenses due to overburdening the car with people or cargo
- Damage costs caused by a person not stated in the contract as the main or additional driver
- Costs created in cases when the main driver or additional driver stated In the rental contract does not have a valid driver’s licence or has a ban on driving motor vehicles
Other: damaged windscreen wipers or locks, loss or theft of outside parts of the vehicle without a police record, damage costs incurred by usage of roof carriers or luggage on carriers, damage caused by improper handling of luggage and or putting cargo or luggage on the roof, hood etc., as well as expenses caused by ignoring sound and visual warnings of the vehicle.
Please check rental agreement for more expenses.
If I have insurance with a different company, do I also need to take your insurance?
You are not obliged to take our collision damage waiver or insurance packages, however in case of an event which results in damage to the vehicle, you will be charged for the amount in accordance to the damages defined in the “Damage Matrix” document.
If you however do have insurance from another company, via your credit card or agency from which you reserved the vehicle, insurance excess is applied according to the vehicle category, since it is still not direct insurance. At vehicle drop off we will submit to you copies of the documentation of the event that occurred (Alco test, euro report, and the police statement if we have it at that moment).
What is additional insurance?
With additional insurance; you can decrease your personal responsibility in case of vehicle damages. It can be either reduced or completely removed. Insurance excess depends on the vehicle category, chosen package and the amount of days the vehicle is rented for. You can check the price of additional packages during the reservation process.
- SCDW (Super Collision Damage Waiver) is additional insurance which buys out the excess (participation in damage) done on the vehicles body.
- CDW+ (Collision Damage Waiver Plus) is additional insurance which buys out a part of the excess for damages done on the vehicles body.
- WUG (Wheels Undercarriage and Glass protection) is additional insurance which buys out the excess for damages done to the wheels, underside and glass.
How long after vehicle drop off does it take for my deposit to be unblocked (fund reservation)?
The time for the return of the deposit to your account can last from 3 days to 4 weeks and it depends on your credit card and bank. Alquicoche rent a car does not have access to the authorized funds and cannot use them without your approval.
Do I pick up the vehicle with a full tank?
Yes, at pick up it should be full, and it should be dropped off full as well. If the vehicle is not returned full, the difference shall be charged to the client per the current price listing, along with a special fuel recharge fee.
If the vehicle picked up does not have a full tank, only the difference from the picked-up fuel level, and dropped off fuel level will be charged, without the added recharge fuel fee. At vehicle pick up, be certain to check the fuel level.
Can fuel be paid in advance?
Yes, it can, and in such a case you do not need to return the vehicle with a full tank. The price of this service depends on the current market price of fuel, and the amount of fuel in the car.
Can I have an additional driver on my rental contract?
Of course, the additional driver can be any person of legal age with a valid driver’s licence. You do however pay an additional drivers fee per our current price list.
Can I use the rented vehicle outside of Spain?
As our customer, you have the freedom to use the vehicle inside Spain. To travel abroad, you need special written permit from Alquicoche. However, in the case that you plan to use our vehicle outside the borders of Spain a special fee is charged if permit is granted.
Can the rented vehicle be transported via ferry?
All our customers have freedom of movement with their rental. However, a special fee is charged in such a case.
Is there a limit on the mileage done during the rent period?
Our regular offer does have a limit on the mileage done (150 km/day). In case of special offers the limit on the mileage is always clearly stated.